Mark E. Doherty , DMD
Doctor of Dental Medicine, Specializing in Endodontics
Dr. Doherty is a 6th generation dentist in his family and a 2003 graduate of the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. He did his post-doctoral training at the Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine in Endodontics (Root Canal Therapy) and received his specialty degree in Endodontics in 2005. In addition, Dr. Doherty is the Executive Director of Commonwealth Mobile Oral Health Services, a portable dental practice created by his father in the early 1980’s. This practice provides dentistry to underserved populations who face barriers to accessing dental care.
Dr. Doherty is also the CEO and Co-Founder of D4 Practice Solutions, which is a dental practice management consulting firm. Dr. Doherty has served as Dental Director for a Federally Qualified Health Center and a Public Health Dental Center, as well as a clinical instructor for the Post Graduate Endodontic Residents at the Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Dr. Doherty also serves as an expert witness on dental related matters.
When not working, Dr. Doherty enjoys exercising, snowmobiling, dirt bike riding, jet-skiing, skiing, fishing, martial arts and spending time with his wife and three children.
Professional Associations and positions
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Southeastern District Dental Society (past president)
- American Association of Endodontists
- Massachusetts Association of Endodontists
- Co-Chair Yankee Dental Congress
- Program Committee for the Yankee Dental Congress
- Recipient of the 2012 “ten under 10” award from the Massachusetts Dental Society